Mission and Objectives
BICUIB's mission is to provide support to biomedical research within the field of renal lithiasis and promote translational research, fomenting collaboration between clinics and scientists, and making kidney stones and associated clinical data available to the scientific community, in line with ethical, legal and quality assurances.
- Driving research and collaboration amongst clinical and scientific researchers in the hospital, university, biotechnology and business sectors
- Promoting research projects into renal lithiasis
- Providing technical, ethical and legal advice for appropriate handling of samples
- Ensuring sample quality and guaranteeing donors' fundamental rights
- Participating in other national and international networks
- Promoting training initiatives in the field of renal lithiasis.